Had a bit of an upset with the black beans. Janice got a really, really lovely shade with these here. I dipped the fabrics, but following the car accident I left them damp and squished up over night.
You can see more clearly on the silk below I got these brown marbled bits where the fabric was squashed together - but dry they look much more subtle. I like it! The linen produced a grey rather than blue, not so keen on that. Next time I'll user more beans to achieve a darker blue -and might try the soy milk mordant.
Finally, I went rusty! I folded and tied some sheeting around an old rasp and left it out in the rain for a few days, which produced some interesting marks. I'll try this again.The crocheted lace - (a charity shop find) is just dyed with coffee.
Here's a little Floweri- pop doodle on some of the black bean dyed cotton, which was an old pillow case - gorgeous for stitching on! x